A meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers was held in the UAE recently, its main topic was the national strategy for the development of artificial intelligence (AI) in the country by 2031. It is intended to improve the efficiency of customer service, automate the work of government bodies, and introduce modern AI technologies in the transport, tourism, health and education sectors.
The UAE government sets a global task – to make the country a leader in the field of AI technologies by 2031, as well as to develop and implement an integrated system based on AI technologies in vital areas of the UAE economy.
Thus, the new national strategy includes eight strategic goals, as well as a number of initiatives aimed at using AI in such areas as education, transport, public services and the service sector.
Here are the key tasks set by the Government:
- Strengthen the position of the UAE as a world leader in the field of AI technologies;
- Improve the competitiveness of the AI sector in the UAE;
- Organize an innovative incubator for the introduction of new AI technologies;
- Introduce AI technologies in the field of customer service;
- Train perspective specialists to work in this direction;
- Attract foreign research groups for the development and implementation of innovations in the field of AI;
- Organize the possibility of carrying out large-scale practical experiments with the use of artificial intelligence and their fastest introduction into the real sector of economy;
- Optimize project management and regulation with the use of AI technologies.
According to the new strategy, at the first stage of implementation, efforts will be focused on the following areas: energy and mining, transport and logistics, tourism, health and security.
It is expected that new technologies with the use of AI will significantly increase the national GDP in the coming years, which will create new economic opportunities and allow the UAE economy to continue its diversification.